There can be few more memorable moments than when the wizards allow the world to hear their full podcasts. So, remember where you were when full podcast number 26 was released. You were right here! (Wherever here is in your world….you get the idea). By the way, that was an introduction to what we are calling The My Space Stars with Bad Geordie Accents podcast … on reflection, not a great one (the introduction that is, the podcast is awesome (although the title might be considered a tad cumbersome.))
Ever wondered what heavy metal sounded like when it was good? Ever wondered what the present premier power pop punk philosopher sounds like? Ever felt the raw anger of today’s Durham based anti-protectionist faction raging in song? Ever been attacked by a mutant 50ft kebab? Curious? You’re in! Click on here for the latest podcast or do the soundcloud thing below.
The podcast includes a brief interview with the mighty Ballard, which we will be turning into a full podcast special soon, but you can catch this fantastic artist at the Dog and Partridge in Bolton on August Bank Holiday Monday click here for details
Here’s some physicality from the show:
These are the tracks we played on this podcast:
1. Myspace Star – JD Meatyard (JD Meatyard)
2. Pokemon City Limits – ONSIND (Anaesthesiology)
3. Crimson Wave – Tacocat (NVM)
4. Blues Hand Me Down – Vintage Trouble (Blues Hand Me Down)
5. Stifled Man Casino – Airport 5 (Tower In The Fountain Of Sparks)
6. Like Spinning – Making Marks (A Thousand Half-Truths)
7. The Orchestrator – Bullet (Entrance To Hell)
8. Build Break Repeat – Ballard (Napoleon)
9. Dance Twist – The Cambodian Space Project (Whiskey Cambodia)
10. Get Innocuous! – LCD Soundsystem (Sound Of Silver)
11. Attack Of The Mutant 50ft Kebab – Space (Attack Of The Mutant 50ft Kebab)
12. Tell Me Anything (Turn To Gold) – Chuck Prophet (Night Surfer)
13. I’m Eighteen – Alice Cooper (Greatest Hits)
14. Clash – Cornelius (Fantasma)
15. Pneumonia – Fog (Fog)
16. One Angry Dwarf And 200 Solemn Faces – Ben Folds Five (Sessions @ West 54th)
17. As A Matter Of Fact – Spare Snare (single)
18. In Your Face – Mean Jean (demo)
And these are the latest Kicker’s Questions:
a) What was the name of the band David Byrne formed prior to Talking Heads?
b) What animal can be heard on the Talking Heads track Drugs?
Oh, and we forgot to tell you that the barge in Thomas The Tank Engine is called Bulstrode. Thank to Kicker Jr for reminding me.
Here Come The Warm Jets, not Welcome…. genius album!
Agreed. And that Brian Eno is a lovely bloke too. His brother, Roger, was a former beau of Mrs O’Elves. She chose me. Whose laughing now? Oh.
[…] will, of course, have heard the dulcet Boltonian tones of the real musician, Ballard, on podcast number 26, where he explains that our chosen track from his Napoleon album, Build Break Repeat had more to […]
[…] our most recent podcast, we played a track by the Durham based band ONSIND called Pokemon City Limits, which demands to be […]
[…] Next up was Mean Jean, organisers of tonight’s gig and big favourites of the wizards from when we saw them supporting Scott & Charlene’s Wedding last August. They included some Festive 50 covers in their set including that Camper Van Beethoven classic and Chorizo’s favourite Pavement song. You can also hear them on our recent podcast number 26. […]
[…] Thousand Half Truths by Making Marks (as heard on podcast 26 and podcast 28 […]