It’s been a while [some say not long enough – TTW Ed.], but the wizards finally get round to reconvening and have put together ‘the best pod yet’. Possibly.
If you are one of those listeners who particularly enjoys the nonsense skits, silly voices, weak puns and crowbarred in quizzes [are there any? – TTW Ed.], then this is the show for you. On the other hand, if you are all about the music, then you’ll be pleased to learn that there’s a great dollop of that in here somewhere too. Honest.
So strap in and prepare to learn more than you ever felt necessary about biscuits, food additives and Nick Cave ticket stubs. Then thrill to the sounds as the wizards take you on a musical journey that stops off at some of the less frequented stations.
You can listen to the whole thing on the soundcloud link below or click here to download.
Some of the physicality from the show:
These are the tracks we played on the show – here including the source albums too as per a recent listener request.
1. Electric Trains – Squeeze (from the album Ridiculous)
2. It Takes All Sorts – Jacques Caramac (The Highs And Lows Of…)
3. Night Of The Vampire – Moontrekkers (Joe Meek The Alchemist Of Pop)
4. 667 (The Neighbour Of The Beast) – The Selecter (String Theory)
5. Moving Pictures – The Stepkids (Troubadour)
6. Storm Vibrations – Guided By Voices (Universal Truths And Cycles)
7. Hawk In Harness – My First Tooth (Love Makes Monsters)
8. The Mercy Seat – Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds (Live From KCRW)
9. Blackpatch – Laura Nyro (Stoned Soul Picnic)
10. Delorean Dynamite – Todd Terje (It’s Album Time)*
11. Do The Rocka Style – Pannonia Allstars Ska Orchestra (Feel The Riddim!)
12. Don’t Let Us Down – E Numbers (unreleased)
13. Thanks For All The Biscuits – Benjamin Shaw (I Got The Pox, The Pox Is What I Got EP)
14. Feel Flows – The Beach Boys (Surf’s Up)
* we play the Trust The Wizards Mammon Mix version, which currently remains unreleased. Get in touch, Todd!
a) Love, the band, lived together at one point in a house formerly belonging to which actor?
b) Where did The Ramones get their band name from?
A) I think the house was owned by Bela Lugosi
B) From Paul McCartney who used Paul Ramon as a pseudonym
Tex has starred again (Texas star etc…). Both correct. Yee-haaw!!
[…] Podcast number 23 […]