The Wizards have been back into their dark cave and have come up with another podcast to entertain and mildly offend you. Click here to hear lengthy discussions on man-bits, monkey-bits and rabbits. Well, no rabbits.
Thrill to Rebel’s simultaneous translation of Kicker’s wild approximation of a foreign language, and Chorizo’s enthusiastic, yet uninformed, singing as well as the usual eclectic mix of must-hear tunes.
Latest TTW podcasts
Podcast episode 108: Chorizo’s favourites of 2020
Podcast episode 107: Kicker’s favourites of 2020
Podcast episode 106 (November 2020)
Podcast episode 105 (November 2020)
- 016 Spirit of ‘67 (Paul Revere & The Raiders) / Permanent Damage (The GTOs)Let’s get together outrageously to discuss Zappa’s girl group side project and whether Revere deserves to be revered.
- 015 Fifth Dimension (The Byrds) / And The Music Plays On (Del Shannon)Scientific delirium madness as we discuss theoretical physics and the Byrds. Then we wa-wa-wa-wa-wonder why this Del Shannon album remained unreleased for over a decade!
- 014 Younger Than Yesterday / The Notorious Byrd Brothers (The Byrds)Time to begin the McGuinn as we leaf through the back pages of The Byrds.
- 013 Horizontal (Bee Gees) / The Graham Gouldman Thing (Graham Gouldman)In which we get our Massive Chew Sets around another Bee Gees album and the debut from future 10cc-er Gouldman.
- 012 Odessa (Bee Gees)The relative heights of adult humans and Christmas trees are amongst many topics discussed as the red flock cover of Bee Gees’ 1969 double album Odessa steps into view.
- 011 Odessey and Oracle (The Zombies) / 1st (Bee Gees)Bulbous swirling fonts and psychedelic imagery a-plenty on the covers. But what will the Wizards make of the music on this pair of albums recorded in Swinging London™ during the Summer of Love™
- 016 Spirit of ‘67 (Paul Revere & The Raiders) / Permanent Damage (The GTOs)
Wizards on:Alcopop Ariel Sharratt Attractions Babybird Benjamin Shaw Billordo Billy Bragg Bob Dylan Bruce Springsteen Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band Captain Beefheart Cathal Coughlan Chuck Prophet Cinerama Circus Devils Cornershop Courtney Barnett Damien Dempsey Darren Hayman Datblygu David Bowie David Gedge Dexys Dexys Midnight Runners Edwyn Collins Eels Elvis Costello Emma Kupa Eureka California Ezra Furman Faye Webster Fruits de Mer GBV gig review Goat Graham Repulski Gruff Rhys Guided By Voices Half Man Half Biscuit Iggy Pop interview interviewing real musicians James Dean Bradfield James Yorkston JD Meatyard Joe Strummer John Grant John Mouse Johnny Cash Joseph Airport Joy Division Julian Cope Kevin Rowland Kim Deal Lambchop Live Gig Review live music live music review live music video live review Liverpool live video Lou Reed Low Luke Haines Manchester Manic Street Preachers Mark E Smith Mark Kozelek Martha Mathias Kom Milky Wimpshake MJ Hibbett MJ Hibbett and the Validators Morrissey musical advent calendar music podcast music video Neil Young new music podcast Nick Cave Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds Papernut Cambridge Parquet Courts Pixies PJ Harvey podcast Pollard 60s Popcorn Double Feature Pulco Pulp R.E.M. Richard Thompson Robert Pollard Robert Wyatt Robyn Hitchcock Schizo Fun Addict Scott and Charlene's Wedding Simon Love Sleaford Mods Soft Hearted Scientists Spare Snare Squeeze Stephen Jones Steve Nieve Sun Kil Moon Super Furry Animals Tacocat Terry Edwards The Active Listener The Beatles The Boss The Breeders The Burning Hell The Chills The Clash The Cure The Fall The Go-Betweens The Handsome Family The Humdrum Express The Just Joans The Leaf Library The Lovely Eggs The Magnetic Fields The Moles The Nightingales The Orb The Pogues The Proclaimers The Ramones The Replacements The Smiths The Specials The Thyme Machine The Wave Pictures The Wedding Present The Who They Might Be Giants Thousand Yard Stare Three Dimensional Tanx Throwing Muses Tindersticks Tobin Sprout Tremolo Ghosts Van Morrison Wire Wreckless Eric XTC Yo La Tengo
- Robert Pollard’s Guide To The 60s – Tape 16: Paul Revere & The Raiders – The Spirit Of ’67 / GTOs – Permanent Damage
- Podcast 117: Manchester Psych Fest special (4th September 2021)
- Robert Pollard’s Guide To The 60s – Tape 15: The Byrds – Fifth Dimension / Del Shannon – …And The Music Plays On
- Podcast 116: Isolation Pod #23
- Robert Pollard’s Guide To The 60s – Tape 14: The Byrds – Younger Than Yesterday / The Notorious Byrd Brothers
- Robert Pollard’s Guide To The 60s – Tape 13: The Bee Gees – Horizontal / Graham Gouldman – The Graham Gouldman Thing
Top Posts & Pages
- RT @Birmingham_81: Happy birthday to @MrNormanBlake1. Here are Teenage Fanclub with Everything Flows, taped off Snub TV in Jan 1991 https:/… 2 days ago
- The new single from Lime Garden is called Clockwork & it's fantas-"tick"😂 twitter.com/limegardenband… 2 days ago
- RT @The_Ren1981: Your Muesli's lost it’s taste so try another flavour - Ant Muesli! https://t.co/Tsl1CMAdUP 2 days ago
- RT @hungryheartuk: LEEDS! We’ve released a few more tix to our date on 5 November at Belgrave Music Hall. SIX HOURS OF SPRINGSTEEN! Link in… 2 days ago
- RT @WillNeville1892: I have a spare ticket for @billybragg at @liverpoolphil next Tuesday if anyone’s looking 3 days ago