In a year that has seemed to be full of departures, whether literal, temporary or permanent, it has been reassuring to find once again that great new music keeps on arriving.
In his annual round up, our Kicker narrows it down to his favourite 24 tracks of the year, split across two podcasts for your bitesize enjoyment.
Just click on the two pictures below to find a link to stream or download each half of the show.
Turn away now if you don’t want to know what was played. Otherwise, here’s the run down:
- Robyn Hitchcock – Midnight Tram To Nowhere
- The Wedding Present – We All Came From The Sea
- Hercules Fence – Someone
- Aldous Harding – Fever
- Royal Chant – Rhetorical Homecoming Queen
- Guided By Voices – Climbing A Ramp
- The Cool Greenhouse – Sod’s Toastie
- Toni Tubna with The Stockholm Tuba Sect – The Mayor Of Bridlington
- Martha – Baby, Does Your Heart Sink?
- The Reds, Pinks & Purples – Slow Torture Of An Hourly Wage
- Sprints – Delia Smith
- Julian Cope – Cunts Can Fuck Off
- Half Man Half Biscuit – Grafting Haddock In The George
- Pixy Jones -Bad Throat
- Babybird – In The Land Of The Rising Son
- Cassels – Dog Drops Bone
- Dumb – Pull Me Up
- Yard Act – Dead Horse
- The Vat Egg Imposition – Safe In The North
- The Humdrum Express – One Man’s Tat (Is Another Man’s Treasure)
- The Bug Club – Six O’Clock News
- Simon Love -L-O-T-H-A-R-I-O
- Telefis – We See Showbands/The Carthaginians
- Rodney Cromwell – The Winter Palace
The physicality (where there was some):
As always, we urge you to support all the wonderful musicians involved in making our lives more tolerable by seeking them out on bandcamp (using the links above where available) or elsewhere, and BUYING their stuff.
Streaming is for wimps. Thanks.