Back with a bang and, er, the return of the Guided By Voices – is it a song or band name? quiz, that, frankly, took a number of takes to get right. This show also features bands with mates of Garbanzo in, advice on better podcasts to listen to than this one, Mandy, and, notably, an all too believable California – Wolverhampton confusion. At least we didn’t have to apologies to anyone this time.
Recorded, at least in part, direct from a new studio car park that we definitely meant to book, all of that can be found on two virtual sides of a very real podcast:
and back on Soundcloud…
Turn away now if you don’t want to know what’s coming up. Otherwise, here’s what we played:
- AJJ – Psychic Warfare
- My Name Is Ian – See You Later Alligator, Elephant In The Room
- Guided By Voices – Bunco Men
- The Lazy Survivors – Walking The Earth
- Kiko Dinucci (Feat. OGI) – Veneno
- The Breeders – Happiness Is A Warm Gun
- Silver Sun – Far Out
- The Californians – The Cooks Of Cake And Kindness
- The Buttertones – Rise And Shine
- The Box Tops – Neon Rainbow
- Phantoms Vs Fire – Full Of Scorpions Is My Mind
- epic45 – Buildings Aren’t Haunted, People Are
(Some of) the physicality:
An especially enjoyable show this time around – always great to hear The Box Tops and The Breeders, and nice to hear some more My Name Is Ian, but even better to get a new discovery or two – The Buttertones and especially The Californians.
Thanks, Will. That Californians song is great – reminiscent of early Bee Gees, no? Every Christian Lionhearted Man Will Show You, for example.
Good shout, yes. Love the early Bee Gees
I fucking hate the Bee Gees.
Some of their albums are waiting for me further down the road on Robert Pollard’s list.
Oh, yes. Yes, they are.
[…] Jazzhound by The Buttertones [as heard on podcast 106] […]