Latest TTW podcasts
- 025 Man Of Words Man Of Music (David Bowie) / T. Rex (T. Rex)10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 Lift off! Take your protein pills and put your helmet on as we launch into 2 pals David & Marc, both about to make one giant leap towards eventual superstardom.
- 024 Rolled Gold (The Action) / Mighty Baby (Mighty Baby)Let us show one another things we never usually see with this fascinating but relatively obscure pair of albums. First we examine an unreleased set of songs from North London mod group The Action. Then the debut album from the band they subsequently gave birth to, Mighty Baby.
- 023 Two Yanks In England (The Everly Brothers) / Love Is All Around (The Troggs)First up Phil & Don are dropping their aitches as they get ‘eavily involved in Swinging London and then an album that you’ll feel in your fingers and toes over Andover again.
- 022 Pisces Aquarius Capricorn & Jones Ltd / The Birds, The Bees & The Monkees (The Monkees)Hey hey they’re The Monkees and people may say the hosts monkey around in this episode as they get sidetracked into Tork-ing about wedding receptions, live gigs and, inevitably, Peter Reid.
- 021 Bookends (Simon & Garfunkel) / Head (The Monkees)A diverse pair of albums under discussion here, both of which are soundtrack albums (kind of) and also concept albums (kind of)
- 020 Ogden’s Nut Gone Flake (Small Faces)Are you sitting comfortabold two square on your botty? Then you’re ready to hear us round up this round-covered album. How’s your Bert’s lumbago?
- 025 Man Of Words Man Of Music (David Bowie) / T. Rex (T. Rex)
Wizards on:Alcopop Ariel Sharratt Attractions Babybird Benjamin Shaw Bill Callahan Billordo Billy Bragg Bob Dylan Bruce Springsteen Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band Cathal Coughlan Chuck Prophet Cinerama Circus Devils Cornershop Courtney Barnett Darren Hayman Datblygu David Bowie David Gedge Dexys Dexys Midnight Runners Edwyn Collins Eels Elvis Costello Emma Kupa Eureka California Ezra Furman Faye Webster Fruits de Mer GBV gig review Goat Graham Repulski Gruff Rhys Guided By Voices Half Man Half Biscuit Iggy Pop interview interviewing real musicians James Dean Bradfield James Yorkston JD Meatyard Joe Strummer John Mouse Johnny Cash Joseph Airport Joy Division Julian Cope Kevin Rowland Kim Deal Lambchop Live Gig Review live music live music review live music video live review Liverpool live video Lou Reed Low Luke Haines Manchester Manic Street Preachers Mark E Smith Mark Kozelek Martha Mathias Kom Milky Wimpshake MJ Hibbett MJ Hibbett and the Validators Morrissey musical advent calendar music podcast music video Neil Young new music podcast Nick Cave Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds Papernut Cambridge Parquet Courts Pavement Pixies PJ Harvey podcast Pollard 60s Popcorn Double Feature Pulco R.E.M. Robert Pollard Robert Wyatt Robyn Hitchcock Schizo Fun Addict Scott and Charlene's Wedding Simon Love Sleaford Mods Smug Brothers Soft Hearted Scientists Spare Snare Squeeze Stephen Jones Steve Nieve Sun Kil Moon Super Furry Animals Tacocat Terry Edwards The Active Listener The Beatles The Breeders The Bug Club The Burning Hell The Catenary Wires The Chills The Clash The Cure The Fall The Go-Betweens The Handsome Family The Humdrum Express The Just Joans The Leaf Library The Lovely Eggs The Magnetic Fields The Moles The Nightingales The Orb The Pogues The Proclaimers The Ramones The Replacements The Smiths The Specials The Thyme Machine The Wave Pictures The Wedding Present The Who They Might Be Giants Thousand Yard Stare Three Dimensional Tanx Throwing Muses Tindersticks Tobin Sprout Tremolo Ghosts Van Morrison Wire Wreckless Eric XTC Yard Act Yo La Tengo
- M.J. Hibbett’s 1000th gig!
- Robert Pollard’s Guide To The 60s – Tape 25: David Bowie – Man Of Words, Man Of Music / T. Rex – T. Rex
- Chorizo’s favourite things of 2022: Part 2
- Chorizo’s favourite things of 2022: Part 1 The Gigs
- Kicker of Elves’ Favourite Things from 2022
- Podcast 123: Chorizo’s favourite songs of 2022
Top Posts & Pages
- RT @Pat_Carty: The mighty Tom Verlaine has gone on ahead. The first note of the solo in Guiding Light is all you need to hear to know that… 4 hours ago
- RT @WillNeville1892: RIP Tom Verlaine. Marquee Moon remains an utterly unparalleled work of sheer genius. The greatest album made in the pa… 4 hours ago
- RT @memorialdevice: Tom Verlaine. He wrote it. And it will last forever. Beyond gutted. Play it. Play it loud. https://t.co/7HMqiGRy2v 4 hours ago
- RT @MickPuck: Appears to be true: Tom Verlaine has passed over to the beyond that his guitar playing always hinted at. He was the best rock… 4 hours ago
- In honour of @mjhibbett's 1000th gig next week, we asked him a few questions about the previous 999. trustthewizards.com/2023/01/24/m-j… 4 days ago
- Join 1,717 other subscribers