Plenty going on in this show with a lucky dip based on Chorizo’s recent cheapskate shopping trip giving Kicker the slightest excuse he needs to talk about his meeting Robert Pollard that time.
We also get Chorizo Snr critiquing Sleaford Mods, Oates out of off of Hall & Oates in a dream, African Country & Western, and both wizards giving us their top 20 albums of the year so far (with no overlaps, that’s 40 albums in total that you should immediately pop into your local record shop and purchase, even if there might not be a living legend available in aisle twelve for photos).
Anyway, you can hear all that and loads of great music, including tracks from some of our favourite albums of 2021, by clicking here or on the player down there.
This show is dedicated to David R Edwards. Diolch x
Turn away now if you don’t want to know what’s coming up. Otherwise, here’s what we played:
- Datblygu – Gwlad Ar Fy Nghefn
- Shannon Lay – The Dream
- Guided By Voices – Electronic Windows To Nowhere
- Jess Sah Bi & Peter One – Kango
- William Doyle – Nothing At All
- Snapped Ankles – Shifting Basslines Of The Cornucopians
- Faye Webster – Both All The Time
- Synthetic Villains – I Can Hardly Wait
- Ned’s Atomic Dustbin – Cut Up
- The Bug Club – We Don’t Need Room For Lovin’
- The Reds, Pinks & Purples – The Record Player And The Damage Done
The physicality: (where we had some):
Another good listen – I shall certainly be investigating The Bug Club further. I cheated by seeing the track list first and assumed that Ned’s would be the random pick from Chorizo’s collection, so was surprised to find it coming from Kicker. They are a band I (fortunately, I feel) missed out on at the time (much like others like Midway Still), despite them being big at the time amongst the indie kids. They made three studio albums, Wikipedia tells me!
3 (THREE) – TTW Videoprinter Ed.