Finally, the wizards break their silence to launch their first podcast of 2016, and it’s a (safe) cracker.
On the show, there’s a proper exclusive from deep inside the vaults as well as eyewitness reportage from Rough Trade East, and a doffing of the pointy wizards’ hats to the recently departed.
All that and a whole bunch more can be heard here and down there:
Some of the physicality we played looks like this:
Please do also have a look at these sites, should you wish to help fund Thomas Fekete’s treatment.
The songs we played were:
1. The Specials – (Dawning Of) A New Era
2. Guided By Voices – Motor Away (Live)
3. The Thermals – Hey You
4. Tindersticks – Help Yourself
5. Tammi Terrell – Two Can Have A Party
6. Clem Snide – Happy Birthday
7. The Clash – Groovy Times
8. Flotation Toy Warning – Fire Engine On Fire Pt.1
9. The Tsunamis – Elimination
10. Smug Brothers – Glamour Suitcase
11. David Bowie – It’s No Game (Part 1)
12. David Bowie – Wild Is The Wind
Kicker’s Questions were:
a) Bruce Springsteen has been quoted as saying “If Elvis came back from the dead, he’d sound like this” about which song released in 1977? [The actual wording on the show may have suggested Bruce was a bit quick off the mark with The King only just gone. TTW would like to reiterate that this was not the case.]
b) Only 2 songs appeared in John Peel’s Festive Fifty performed by 2 different artists. One was Shipbuilding – both the Elvis Costello and Robert Wyatt versions – but what was the other song and who performed it?