In the first of two alphabet specials, the wizards select tracks to represent the letters A to M and begin to investigate the difficulties of organising their record collections.
There are also early nominations for ‘the best rock and roll letter ever’ and the hint of a Chorizo Garbanzo graph to come. Oh, and loads of great music (played in order).
You can hear the whole caboodle right here:
A few days after we recorded this, we were very saddened to read that Carey Lander from Camera Obscura had died. Please visit the website www. justgiving.com / carey-lander to donate to Sarcoma UK. Thank you.
Some of the physicality we played on the show:
These are the songs we played on this show:
1. They Might Be Giants – Alphabet Of Nations
2. Airport 5 – Total Exposure
3. Tony Bennett – I’m Just A Lucky So And So
4. Camera Obscura – Lloyd, I’m Ready To Be Heartbroken
5. Dangermouse & Sparklehorse – Revenge
6. Eureka California – Art Is Hard
7. Frightened Rabbit – The Greys
8. Graham Repulski – My Color Is Red
9. Ted Hawkins – I Got What I Wanted
10. The Island Of Misfit Toys – Bath
11. Jilted John – The Birthday Kiss
12. Konono No. 1 – Paradiso
13. The LaFontaines – King
14. The Mono Sideboards – For Laura, For The Morning
No discussion of PJ Harvey being under H – hmm, I can see why, but I have her under P as that’s a band name I believe rather than her name….
You’re gonna love the chat about PJH in part two, Will!
Look out for an extended version of this part one too with the hitherto thought lost mythical ‘Ted Hawkins Made Me Sleep With An Old (Possibly Dead) Man’ story. Oh, yes.
[…] the second of two alphabet specials (here’s part one), the wizards predictably select tracks to represent the letters N to Z and get to grips with big […]