Trust the wizards is the genre-defying, epoch-crossing musical podcast that broadly casts its net to find the music that must be broadcast! The wizards will specify, testify, glorify and bootify the musical landscape to locate music slabs to build the wall of sound that is the Trust the Wizards podcast.
Latest TTW podcasts
Podcast episode 108: Chorizo’s favourites of 2020
Podcast episode 107: Kicker’s favourites of 2020
Podcast episode 106 (November 2020)
Podcast episode 105 (November 2020)
- 010 Butterfly (The Hollies) / Forever Changes (Love)Watch the snot cake against your pants and turn into crystal as we discuss 2 albums released in November 1967.
- 009 The Smile Sessions (The Beach Boys)We’re giving you excitations and favourite vege-tables as we listen to the most notorious “lost” album of the 60s.
- 008 Pet Sounds (The Beach Boys) / Song Cycle (Van Dyke Parks)Out there having fun in the warm California sun as we explore Rolling Stone magazine’s second best album ever and one of the most expensively recorded flops of the 1960s.
- 007 S.F. Sorrow / Parachute (The Pretty Things)A pair of albums by the London scenesters whose lead singer’s phone number was listed in David Bowie’s address book as “God”
- 006 Tommy (The Who)Come on the amazing journey and learn all you should know about The Who’s legendary double album.
- 005 Happy Jack / The Who Sell Out (The Who)More music, more music, more music as we examine The Who’s 2nd & 3rd albums. Brought to you by our sponsors Odorono & Heinz Baked Beans.
- 010 Butterfly (The Hollies) / Forever Changes (Love)
Wizards on:Alcopop Ariel Sharratt Attractions Babybird Benjamin Shaw Billordo Billy Bragg Bob Dylan Bruce Springsteen Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band Captain Beefheart Cathal Coughlan Chuck Prophet Cinerama Circus Devils Cornershop Courtney Barnett Damien Dempsey Darren Hayman David Bowie David Gedge Dexys Dexys Midnight Runners Edwyn Collins Eels Elvis Costello Emma Kupa Eureka California Ezra Furman Fruits de Mer GBV gig review Goat Graham Repulski Gruff Rhys Guided By Voices Half Man Half Biscuit Iggy Pop interview interviewing real musicians James Dean Bradfield James Yorkston JD Meatyard Joe Strummer John Grant John Mouse Johnny Cash Joseph Airport Joy Division Julian Cope Kevin Rowland Kim Deal Lambchop Live Gig Review live music live music review live music video live review Liverpool live video Lou Barlow Lou Reed Low Luke Haines Manchester Manic Street Preachers Mark E Smith Mark Kozelek Martha Mathias Kom Milky Wimpshake MJ Hibbett MJ Hibbett and the Validators Morrissey musical advent calendar music podcast music video Neil Young new music podcast Nick Cave Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds Papernut Cambridge Parquet Courts Paul Weller Pixies PJ Harvey podcast Pollard 60s Popcorn Double Feature Pulco Pulp R.E.M. Richard Thompson Robert Pollard Robert Wyatt Robyn Hitchcock Schizo Fun Addict Scott and Charlene's Wedding Simon Love Sleaford Mods Soft Hearted Scientists Spare Snare Squeeze Stephen Jones Steve Nieve Sun Kil Moon Super Furry Animals Tacocat Terry Edwards The Active Listener The Beatles The Boss The Breeders The Burning Hell The Chills The Clash The Cure The Fall The Go-Betweens The Handsome Family The Humdrum Express The Just Joans The Leaf Library The Lovely Eggs The Magnetic Fields The Moles The Nightingales The Orb The Pogues The Proclaimers The Ramones The Replacements The Smiths The Specials The Thyme Machine The Wave Pictures The Wedding Present The Who They Might Be Giants Thousand Yard Stare Three Dimensional Tanx Throwing Muses Tindersticks Tobin Sprout Tremolo Ghosts Van Morrison Wire Wreckless Eric XTC Yo La Tengo
- Podcast 114: Isolation Pod #21
- Robert Pollard’s Guide To The 60s – Tape 10: The Hollies – Butterfly / Love – Forever Changes
- Podcast 113: Isolation Pod #20
- Robert Pollard’s Guide To The 60s – Tape 9: The Beach Boys – The Smile Sessions
- Podcast 112: Isolation Pod #19
- 31 years ago today: Billy Bragg’s unhelpful announcement
Top Posts & Pages
- RT @ChorizoGarbanzo: 6 years ago today @evil_blizzard and @TheCC_band at The Ruby Lounge, Manchester. #giganniversary https://t.co/DJik4LPP… 1 day ago
- RT @andywatson8: WOAH , BLACK BETTY ........... https://t.co/rhH6hqeDT5 2 days ago
- RT @pollard60s: It's baroque 'n' roll time... https://t.co/qDGGNFt5ZV 2 days ago
- Great story from Neil in Auckland..... twitter.com/PennersNeil/st… 2 days ago
- RT @ChorizoGarbanzo: And 6 years ago today I was at Sound Control in Manchester to hear Julian Cope playing solo & telling a lot of great s… 3 days ago